POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mesh2 coloring problems : Re: mesh2 coloring problems Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:14:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mesh2 coloring problems
From: Tom Austin
Date: 11 May 2006 08:40:51
Message: <446330d3$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:

> Have you tried search/replace the camera and vertex_vectors sections
> '>/10' for '>'? Fixes your examples.

You are saying scale down the scene by a factor of 10- right...

I don't believe that we've tried a pure scale like that on the whole
data set.  I'll have to try it to see if it kills the problem.

For now we translate the whole thing closer to the origin.  It's worked
for now, but if we have to do more of this work, it might not.

I am curious as to what causes this behavior in POV-Ray. When one
understands the cause, then one has the ability to avoid it.

Thanks for your help

Tom