POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1 : Re: Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:17:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 10 May 2006 10:34:38
Message: <4461f9fe$1@news.povray.org>
DLM,

thanks a lot for your answer and the hints and links! You are bringing a new
term into the discussion which is very interesting and important for wider
parts of the entire raytracing community!

I, personally, was not aware that something like a definition of such exists
("Greeble"), but - in fact - I am already heavily using that effect (I
"discovered" it on my own). If you like, DLM, open the
"povray.binaries.images" newsgroup and follow up there my "SF: Preview:
Imperial Carrier" threads (there are some, separated by individual numbers).

I am working at this time on a large space ship, something like a huge
carrier or mobile space station, and am equipping right now the entire
surface with more and more "Greebles". As I write to you, POV-Ray is
rendering a 6400x4800px-version of that ship carrying lots of these
greebles. Only if the ship looks good in 6400x4800, I will satisfied with
smaller versions...

DLM, again, thanks for your links, I follow them up!

Greetings to you all,

Sven

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3f8968c8.8126886%40localhost%3E/?mtop=159217