POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1 : Re: Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 07:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spaceship Of The Week Sample 1
From: dlm
Date: 10 May 2006 03:12:37
Message: <44619265$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote in message
> Well, that is something what Povman's scene shares with modern art: it's
> ability for multiple interpretations!
>
> I personally don't think this is intended, but who knows? Maybe it is, and
> I am wrong.
>
> However, one fact stands solid as a rock: I like that other artists do
> scenes related to SciFi!

Are you familiar with 'greebles' and 'nurnies'?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeble
Norling tutorial
http://www.scifi-meshes.com/tutorials/norling/greeble/greeble.html
referenced at
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C3f8968c8.8126886%40localhost%3E/?mtop=159217
also Mike Williams procedural approach
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/pigment.htm

ZeSly did something realistic
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/zesly/en/spaceship.html
and Stefan Viljoen did something fantastical with his SciFi 'Scapsile vault
craft'
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4295f8cb@news.povray.org%3E/

Its always great to see a wide range of creativity.

DLM