POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray 3.7 - Feature Request: Support of Photoshop File Format (.psd) : POV-Ray 3.7 - Feature Request: Support of Photoshop File Format (.psd) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray 3.7 - Feature Request: Support of Photoshop File Format (.psd)
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 4 May 2006 21:40:28
Message: <445aad0c$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings to everyone.

I herewith want to suggest for the upcoming version of POV-Ray to support as
import format the Photoshop file format ".psd". The reason why I vote for
that is, that PSD files can already contain transparency in a smooth way.
This their feature would be able to create possibilities for a number of
interesting image-based effects with textures within POV-Ray.

What do you think about it?

Alternatively or additionally, the new JPEG2000 format seems also to contain
ability for transparency, right? If so, I also would have to vote for a
support also of that file type. Still, the PSD format seems to be more
important to me.

Sincerely,

Sven Littkowski