POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sandstone blocks : Re: Sandstone blocks Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sandstone blocks
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 May 2006 04:44:53
Message: <4459bf05@news.povray.org>
"PM 2Ring" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4458bb911843be331bd1c060@news.povray.org...

> This is a tunnel for motor vehicles, running several kilometres. My
> apartment is near one end, my place of work near the other. A collapse
> happened (near the middle) in one of the ventillation tunnels late last
> year, causing damage to an apartment block. Here's a link:
> http://www.industrysearch.com.au/news/viewrecord.asp?id=19863

Interesting!! Thanks for the info. A familiar problem surfacing here...

> I've been tempted to grab some samples, before they get crushed and
disposed
> of... I'd send you some, but the postage would kill me. :)

Thank you  indeed for your kind thought! But don't! It would be rather
expensive to send useless rocks around the world just for the fun of it. :-)
I have done it for work of course, and also when coming back from holidays I
tend to have a few rocks in my luggage, getting strange looks and frowns
from custom officers....

Thomas