POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anyone for Tea? : Re: Anyone for Tea? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone for Tea?
From: Bill Hails
Date: 1 May 2006 13:34:11
Message: <44564693@news.povray.org>
PM 2Ring wrote:
> You should brag, Bill, this one's so gorgeous I can almost smell it. And
I'm
> a coffee drinker. :)

thanks!

> [...]
>
> That golden rectangle idea is intriguing. Somebody here uses the golden
> ratio for pseudorandom placement of plants, etc.

My use of it is much simpler, as a compositional aid. Perhaps I should
explain it a bit more (or perhaps not, but I'm going to anyway :-)

A golden rectangle has the unique property that if you cut a square
off of it, then the remaining shape is also a golden rectangle, and you
can repeat the cutting. So in my pic each object is centred on one
of those squares: The pot first, then the full cup, then the empty cup,
then the tea stain.

I don't see any point in obfuscating the idea, since it was deliberate,
and the result does have a sort of balance to it.

--
Bill Hails
http://billhails.net/