POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anyone for Tea? : Re: Anyone for Tea? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:23:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anyone for Tea?
From: Bill Hails
Date: 1 May 2006 09:38:57
Message: <44560f71@news.povray.org>
Ger wrote:

> Bill Hails wrote:
>
>> I started this image more than a year ago but got
>> the photography bug and abandoned it. Recently
>> the photography paid off and I figured out how
>> to make my own light probes.
>>
>> So I dug this out, finished it, and lit it with
>> my very own probe.
>>
>> I'm not one to brag :-) but I think it turned out
>> quite well, firstly the composition (golden
>> rectangle subdivision), secondly I'm rather proud
>> of that tabletop texture, and thirdly the lighting
>> of course.
>>
>> I'll post the textures to p.b.s-f if anyone asks.
>>

> Stunning
>
> I like the whole image, every detail in it, specially the stain in the
> background. it makes it so much more real.

Thanks, the stain also sits on the fourth square of a "golden spiral":
Pot. full cup, empty cup, stain, in case you hadn't noticed :-)

> One tiny iffy, I think the shadows could be a bit darker.

Maybe, though in a white light it's white porcelain on a white wood,
but then my monitor's gamma is low, so maybe it looks a bit darker
to me.

--
Bill Hails
http://billhails.net/