POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SF: Preview 03: Imperial Carrier : Re: Preview 07: Imperial Carrier Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preview 07: Imperial Carrier
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 30 Apr 2006 19:38:55
Message: <44554a8f$1@news.povray.org>
joh### [at] worldcom wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:21:00 -0700, Larry Hudson <org### [at] yahoocom>
> wrote:
>

>>Sven Littkowski wrote:
>>
>>>Hello Roman,
>>>
>>>That is a problem I am not familiar with, I am very sorry.  I see all the
>>>contents by using my e-mail program (Outlook Express) which i simply
>>>configured to be signed up for the POV-Ray newsgroups.
>>>
>>>Sven
>>
>>The problem is that there is a difference between embedding and
>>attaching an image.  You are embedding them, which makes them an
>>integral part of your HTML messages.  You should attach them instead,
>>because apparently some software has problems with embedded images.
>>Outlook Express does allow using either method.

... (Text deleted) ...

>>     -=- Larry -=-
>

> Just for info.  I use Agent 3 and have no problems seeing these
> images.
>
> John

Yes, and I have no problem with Thunderbird, but Roman Reiner did have
problems.  I was merely pointing out that attaching images causes fewer
problems than embedding images.  There is a difference between these two
methods.

      -=- Larry -=-

PS.  To Roman:

It might be worthwhile for you to consider using a real newsreader
instead of the web interface with a browser.  I think Thunderbird is a
good choice, and it's free -- but there are many other good choices as
well.  (Of course, Thunderbird is primarily meant for e-mail, but it
does newsgroups very well also.)