POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SF: Preview 03: Imperial Carrier : Re: Preview 08 (attached): Imperial Carrier Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preview 08 (attached): Imperial Carrier
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 30 Apr 2006 16:55:13
Message: <44552431@news.povray.org>

getting your good feedback is my pride! You want to know the SENECA's
length: the two large bays are the longest parts of the carrier, and they
range from approximately -200 to +1800. Each unit is a meter, as I am used
for the metric system. That means, that the SENECA is (a little bit more
than) 2 KM long!

The SENECA is a project for a SF computer animation, in fact, there is
already a small clip of 10 seconds. But the ship is not yet completed, I
just like to spice up the temporary previews with a nice environment. More
details are to be added to the SENECA, and I also still have to finish many
of the floors inside that giant ship. The floors do exist, but lack items
and other things.

About the backgrounds: no these backgrounds are made just by graphic program
or photo. But there are ways to make a POV-Ray universe (search for
"stars.inc").

Alright, I hope to hear from you (all) again!

Sven