POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SF: Preview 03: Imperial Carrier : Re: Preview 07: Imperial Carrier Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preview 07: Imperial Carrier
From: Larry Hudson
Date: 29 Apr 2006 21:21:01
Message: <445410fd$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hello Roman,
>
> That is a problem I am not familiar with, I am very sorry.  I see all the
> contents by using my e-mail program (Outlook Express) which i simply
> configured to be signed up for the POV-Ray newsgroups.
>
> Sven

The problem is that there is a difference between embedding and
attaching an image.  You are embedding them, which makes them an
integral part of your HTML messages.  You should attach them instead,
because apparently some software has problems with embedded images.
Outlook Express does allow using either method.

I don't remember the details because I switched from OE to Thunderbird
some time ago.  Besides, right at the moment I'm using Linux so can't
check it out -- but the option is there.

It would probably cause fewer problems if you would switch to straight
text instead of HTML.  It seems that HTML is rarely used in newsgroups
-- at least in the ones I'm familiar with.  That choice can be selected
in OE as well.

One other minor quibble...  All your images have been posted with the
same name "SpaceCarrier", so if anyone saves your images (as I do) they
all have to be renamed to do so.    :-)     (Use SpaceCarrier-1,
SpaceCarrier-2, ..., etc.)

      -=- Larry -=-