POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spheres in the sky : Alternate version Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  Alternate version
From: Orchid XP v2
Date: 29 Apr 2006 07:08:06
Message: <44534916@news.povray.org>
It's actually a single frame from a roughly 2 minute animation. (Of
course, "2 minutes" isn't anywhere near the total render time...)

When I had a look at the later frames, I found the spheres get a bit
lost in the sky. So I made them somewhat less reflective. What you do think?

PS. Yeah, I know the clouds anomolusly *stop* half way down the sky for
no apparent reason. You see, the _real_ sky is ever so slightly curved.
However, if I ask POV-Ray to render a 3-mile section of a sphere that is
several hundred thousand miles across... I think it might complain slightly.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sky-circle-02-f0100.jpg' (95 KB)

Preview of image 'sky-circle-02-f0100.jpg'
sky-circle-02-f0100.jpg