POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bass (WIP Take 2 195KB) : Re: Bass (WIP Take 2 195KB) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bass (WIP Take 2 195KB)
From: Alain
Date: 25 Apr 2006 20:08:39
Message: <444eba07$1@news.povray.org>
Nekar Xenos nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 25/04/2006 06:29:
> I've tried a different camera angle and simpler wall textures. Everything
> seems wrong now. Most of which I can fix. I've put
> aperture 0.03 in the focal blur, looks like I'll have to take it down even
> more.
>
> The bass's inside texture looked white, even when it's black, I think it's
> because of the no_shadow . I think light groups is the answer here but I
> haven't really played around with it much. So I changed it to rgb -10. It
> was a bit of an overkill.   :-p
>
> I'm not really sure why some of the sides are black as I don't have any
> black texture on them.
>

> The media is making strange circles. Any idea on what to do about it? Adding
> density makes it even worse so I've dropped that as well.
>
> sphere{0,10//<-2.1,-.001,-3.1>,<2.1,3,3.1>
>         pigment{colour rgbt 1 }
>         interior{
>                 media {  // fog
>                   scattering { 4, rgb .1 // 5, rgb 1 eccentricity -1
> extinction .9   // {4, rgb .03}
>                   }
>                   samples 5,20
>                   method 3

You get 5 samples. The max value is ignored when using method 3. You may need to set
samples to
something larger, maybe 20 or more.
Look at the end of section 3.6.2.2  Sampling Parameters & Methods in the
documentations.

--
Alain
Impressionism: From a distance, shit looks like a garden.