POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why would my object disappear? : Re: Why would my object disappear? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:19:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why would my object disappear?
From: scott
Date: 24 Apr 2006 16:46:11
Message: <444d3913@news.povray.org>
> Compare these two frames from an animation of a roller coaster I'm
> working on.  Notice that in the second frame, the track spine has
> disappeared.
>
> Throughout the animation, the track spine disappears randomly for
> 1-3 frames at a time.  What would cause this?

Try MegaPOV if you haven't already, I found that with the original POV I get
many bugs and sometimes parse errors when using splines and sphere sweeps.
MegaPOV seemed to fix it. Also I found replacing the sphere sweeps with
spheres connected by cylinders made render times much faster and without
much loss to quality (you should choose a good spacing for the spheres).
Just my 2 cents.