POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IBL : Re: IBL Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IBL
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Apr 2006 11:57:29
Message: <44465de9@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Best to have a camera with manual focus and shutter speed ability.
> (I also use these functions often for regular photography with my
> camera). Nowadays you can get digital cameras with these functions
> for fairly cheap. (Better yet you can go DSLR if you have the
> money...one day... one day...)

   I know very little about cameras: this is the first time I own a
camera in my life, believe it or not... the problem is that I didn't
have HDRI in mind when I purchased it, so following Murphy's law I
did chose the wrong one.

> Can you try averaging the images using a weighting appropriate to the
>  reltive f-stops and camera response curve?

   Very good suggestion, but I would have to learn *a lot* about
photography to be able to do this... Now that I remember, my brother was
into the photographic hobby some years ago and perhaps he still has some
basic books around (I only have to find the time to read them... :)

--
Jaime