POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IBL : Re: IBL Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IBL
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 19 Apr 2006 08:59:38
Message: <4446343a$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails wrote:
> Not sure on policy for photo/raytrace composites, so I won't
> post the actual image here. I'm quite pleased with it though:
>
> http://billhails.net/Gallery/visitor.html

Very nice, Bill. I think it would look more "integrated" if the textures
were less reflective, so you will see a bit of the shading of the object
"matching" the real scene lighting.

BTW, I purchased a very good mirror ball some months ago, but I found my
camera only has autofocus, and it refuses to focus the on reflected
environment, so I can't get a sharp HDRI. The lighting comes out very
nice, but the reflections are always very blurred... anyone go a trick
for this situation? Or should I buy a camera with manual focus?

P.S.: I tried to create the HDRI also with MegaPOV HDR output, without
having to resort to external utilities, but I'm still polishing the
method. It uses concentric spheres for each exposure shot, and
successive transparency with increasing ambient values, but it's
somewhat esoteric to adjust by now.

--
Jaime