POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Snow and Ice (24k) : Re: Snow and Ice (24k) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Snow and Ice (24k)
From: Bob H
Date: 17 Apr 2006 20:00:02
Message: <44442c02@news.povray.org>
Samuel, it's really great to see you here again!

I gave up trying to make the same frozen stuff you made, for now, couldn't
seem to get the right look to it-- probably because I used only one
arealight.
Went the opposite direction and got a broiling lava kind of thing. Used a
camera normal to stir it around a little. The news was telling about Texas
having rolling power blackouts due to record heat there as I was putting it
together, too, so it made more sense to try the hot look instead of ice. Not
exactly cool here either. We could use the ice.

--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/

Post a reply to this message