POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IBL : Re: IBL Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:26:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IBL
From: Jim Charter
Date: 16 Apr 2006 12:33:56
Message: <444271f4@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails wrote:
> Orchid XP v2 wrote:
>

>>I'm having trouble figuring out which bit *isn't* real... which is the
>>idea, presumably. ;-)
>

> Thanks! that's precisely the idea of course. I personally don't have
> a problem with images of this type, though this one was really just
> a proof of concept using an existing model from an earlier pic.
>
> I really love the idea of making something that's obviously impossible
> appear real, I guess lots of people into raytracing have the same
> instinct.

This was the earliest impetus for developing raytracing techniques I
believe.  At any rate it is a lovely image.  I wonder if that lovelyness
is part of what may seem not quite believeable bacause what we have is
beautiful, delicate, diffuse, space-creating natural light, together
with frozen motion.