POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Can we join together to make a baseball? : Re: Can we join together to make a baseball? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can we join together to make a baseball?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Apr 2006 20:30:42
Message: <44419032$1@news.povray.org>
wayne461 wrote:

> So do you know if the eval_3d_spline macro converted into POVRAY 3.6
> anywhere?

Don't know.  I barely remember it or it's history, where it came in etc.
  I think I used it but really didn't understand the value added.
Probably too subtle for me.  But it doesn't add anything significant
here.  It just returns a point on the spline afaik

Anyway I came up with a brute force seam spline which you can find
posted in p.b.scene-files.  There is also some code there for walking
the spline and creating a parallel set of points on either side of a seam.