POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower study WIP 01 : Re: Flower study WIP 01 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower study WIP 01
From: Jim Charter
Date: 14 Apr 2006 15:42:00
Message: <443ffb08@news.povray.org>
Rune wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're referring to with tubular cross section here. Is it
> still the pistil, or are you talking about the "tube" that the petals form
> together? The pistil has no irregularity nor any texturing, so...

I meant the shaft|stalk|tube of the pistil.  Could have sworn that it
was not a perfect cylinder or cone but rather that if you took the
cross-section it would be revealed that it is more irregular.  Could
swear I see some faint shadows or striations running lengthwise which
could either be texturing or actual form.  But obviously my eyes are
decieved.  Anyway that only reinforces my original comment.  That the
straight texture is probably accurate but combined with the plain
geometry doesn't quite make us think this structure was the result of
organic growth.