POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower study WIP 01 : Re: Flower study WIP 01 Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:22:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower study WIP 01
From: Bob H
Date: 14 Apr 2006 07:34:26
Message: <443f88c2@news.povray.org>
"Rune" <new### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in message
>I forgot to mention: There are some bright pixel artifacts a few places in
>the image. I don't know what is causing them. :(

Maybe similiar to a problem when sphere_sweep has a small diameter or short
bends between vectors?

Flower looks much like those silk and plastic fake ones; which is probably a
good thing since I'm always confusing the fakes for real flowers, especially
the ones with plastic(?) dew or raindrops added. But I'm getting better at
telling the difference.

I'm thinking the petals might be better if translucent. I've got some orange
tiger lillies here but they haven't bloomed yet or else I'd take a look at
them to check. Just seems to me that there should be light passing through
them.