POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I can make my own light probes! : Re: I can make my own light probes! Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can make my own light probes!
From: Bill Hails
Date: 13 Apr 2006 10:00:34
Message: <443e5981@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:

> Bill Hails <bil### [at] europeyahoo-inccom> wrote:
>>
>> They're a bit big to be honest, about 25meg apiece, and somewhat
>> embarrasing (I think you cans see yesterdays dirty underwear in
>> one of them :-) but I'll be persevering and looking for more
>> interesting locations in the near future: sunsets and the like.
>> I'll post those as and when.
>>

> I've just been playing with HDR a lot recently and have been trying to get
> as many different ones as I can.  Let me know if you ever do make any
> available.

Well since you asked nicely, here's the daylight one:
http://thyme.homelinux.net/Office6.hdr
sorry about the mess :-)
Be aware it's the wrong end of an ADSL link, I *seriously* need to
sort out some decent web hosting.

> If you are just using a trial version of Photomatix, you may want to try
> HDR
> Shop (http://www.hdrshop.com/) which is free.  It's the one I've been
> using and it has some great tutorials on how to use, including how to make
> probes without the camera being visible.
>
> -tgq

Yeah, I know of hdrshop but there wasn't a Mac version last time I looked.

BTW I just got the Reinhard/Ward/Pattanaik/Debovec book:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0125852630/qid=1144936653/026-5462659-1654009exec/obidos/ASIN/0125852630/qid=1144936653/026-5462659-1654009
which features a dvdrom with lots of hdri software on it,
but the maths is scary and I haven't yet found out what most of the
code in there does.

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/