POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evensong (~143 kB) : Re: Evensong (~143 kB) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evensong (~143 kB)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Apr 2006 09:27:09
Message: <443baead@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> schreef in bericht

> Hi Thomas,
>
> A magnificent start.

Thank you :-)

> The lighting needs some work with the shadows currently pointing in all
> sorts of directions.
> If there's no internal lighting, then I would expect areas of deeper
shadow.
> If there is internal lighting then it would take on a more orange/yellow
> glow, which I think would be quite pleasing.

Yes, the lighting is still not to my liking, and I have to work on this. As
said, there are currently three internal lights (plus a small shadowless
fillin). Maybe a bit confusing as is. I have thought about putting candles
on the tables....

> The texture on the columns looks all wrong to my eyes. I think you need to
> apply a different bit of texture to each segment of each column. Having
the
> texture run across the joins doesn't look right to me.

That's strange, because each segment has the texture rotated 30 degrees, so
they do not run across the joints. I shall increase the rotation angle and
see if that is better.

> If you do turn it into a ruin, then it would give you a great 'before and
> after' scene, with bits of shrub growing out of the walls etc.

Yes indeed. I shall think about that :-)

Thomas