POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : using an image_map for media density/color : Re: using an image_map for media density/color Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using an image_map for media density/color
From: Bob H
Date: 8 Apr 2006 21:08:04
Message: <44385e74$1@news.povray.org>
I've been sitting here looking this over a while now, trying to figure what
it does, and finally rendered something to check it out here.

I put jitter 0.5 confidence 0.9999 variance 0 into the media statements and
used samples 200. It looks smooth to me, no AA done for the render itself,
aside from my sloppy test image map. I also multiplied a color_map gradient
z to get the fading out effect, as was suggested.

Does seem likely that more could be done to manipulate this and vary the way
the media appears. At first, I couldn't help thinking how a HF could already
be used to do what was shown until I got the idea behind it.
--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'semisolidimagemedia.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'semisolidimagemedia.jpg'
semisolidimagemedia.jpg