POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : No display : Re: No display Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:58:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No display
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 8 Apr 2006 02:33:22
Message: <44375931@news.povray.org>
mil01 spake:

> Thank you very much for all your informations. I will try them.
>
> Stephan : so offcial binaries better than self compiled ( even with 64
> bits ?)
> But Ubuntu only provides povray 3.5...

In my experience. I've tried to compile 3.6 myself quite a few times, but
never could get it to display. Don't know if you'll find official 64 bit
binaries of 3.6, take a look at the Pov site. Plus, I've always ended up
with binaries a bit larger than the official ones, and it seems a bit
slower (probably due to my optimisation settings not being up to scratch),
so yeah, I think using the official ones is the best. (At least for me).
But then, I run the 32 bit ones, no idea what you're going to have to do
for the 64 bit ones.

--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer