POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass 'n' Glass : Re: Grass 'n' Glass Server Time
7 Aug 2024 09:26:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass 'n' Glass
From: Bob H
Date: 5 Apr 2006 19:13:45
Message: <44344f29$1@news.povray.org>
A great start going with a macro already. I guess some people like me still
don't take advantage of that in POV as much as should be, since it's
something fairly new that came along after so many version changes.

I wasn't sure what this plant is (nor what most anything is) so I did a
google image search for it. Pictures almost always show longer "foxtails"
than yours here. Maybe they're different in different places or times of
year?

Only thing I was going to suggest is maybe using a green to yellow variation
for the stalks, and the pictures I saw show that's possible in the actual
plants. Probably something again that varies with particular varieties and
times of year, just that plain green doesn't seem as true to life when
rendering a plant.

Looks like you used a light directly above the plant that makes most of the
tops dark. Not sure if that was your intention but guessing you tried to
show both lit and unlit sides. The lack of shadows on the ground (or water)
is interesting.

Oh, and welcome to the newsgroups and your new hobby! You're off to a
fantastic start-- even if you didn't post a reflective sphere over checkered
plane per tradition (I didn't either).
--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/