POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:29:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb]
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Apr 2006 09:01:36
Message: <44326e30@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
> > My goodness! This is the very thing now!
> > Very much a Grail object (just been reading Robert Holdstock lately
:-) )

> Thanks Thomas, I'll give Holdstock a look, I am not currently familiar.
>   Actually someone in my household took "Stonehenge" (Bernard Cornwell)
> out of the library and I read a bit yesterday, while letting others use
> the computer.  Historical fiction, but fun, and I guess it suits my mood
> somehow given I am picturing religious artifacts lately, lol.  Actually
> the whole humble-cup/ornate-relinquary concept is kinda weird when you
> think about it.

Ah! Cornwell, yes indeed. Did you read "the Winter King"? Arthurian legend
in an archeologically sound environment.
Holdstock is another matter. My mental associations often make big jumps!
Holdstock explores the myth-generation process of the mind and builds some
extremely fascinating stories around that concept, usually drawing
inspiration from the Mabinogion and the Arthur legend embedded there.

Thomas