POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb]
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Apr 2006 21:41:35
Message: <4431cecf$1@news.povray.org>
I hadn't thought a texture on a mesh would look different from same used
sphere but your test seems to show the 2 and 6 are maybe a little different.
Interesting how those two have such enhanced highlights from neighboring
eggs and a bit of a brightnened area on the checkers below the light(?).

You said fresnel before so I wanted to clarify I wasn't suggesting it; only
that the old keyword reflection_exponent was exchanged with the shortened
keyword exponent and isn't related to fresnel, directly anyhow AFAIK. At
least, it (the old keyword) existed before fresnel did, IIRC. Keyword
falloff in the reflection block might be something similar yet still not the
same thing.

Didn't want people reading here to get confused about this, hopefully not
anyhow.