POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP [78 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP [78 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Apr 2006 12:54:50
Message: <4431535a$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>Stephen wrote:

My father's mother was born in Scotland and he and his two brothers and
six sisters made a big deal of it.  And of course they kept their
hardwood polished. Polished.

> Oh! Nice brushes BTW

I can't tell you enough.  They were thin you see, so they didn't suck up
a lot of expensive paint.  And those long, irregular, limp bristles.
Perfect.  Especially for oil paint of the certain viscosity that I
liked.  I used a lot of varnish and stand oil in my medium.  Funny they
are sold as gesso brushes.  The hog's hair swells with water which makes
them useless.

> humble way:-)

No opinion due to my ignorance of that tale.  Maybe I can get back to
you on it tho'.