POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Apr 2006 10:39:02
Message: <44313386$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:
> Almost perfect! ...and I say "almost" only because the upper border of
> the coup makes it look like it is too flat. In the reference photo I can
> see a little the edge highlight, suggesting some thickness. Anyhow, that
> was a great improvement on the metal texture: just don't touch it! Well,
> you can tweak the color pigment, but the finish and normals seem perfect
> like they are now.
>
> --
> Jaime
Thanks Jaime. Yes, that top edge highlight is on the to do list.  As I
am sure to realize, the present look is because the upper edge is really
created by the isosurface's bounding box, so I'll need to bend the SOR
in, then clip it just above with the bounding box.

I also want to get more out of the embossed lettering on the cup if
possible.