POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP Update [79 kb & 41 kb]
From: Bob H
Date: 3 Apr 2006 10:16:10
Message: <44312e2a$1@news.povray.org>
"Jaime Vives Piqueres" <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote in message
> upper border of the cup makes it look like it is too flat. see a little
> the edge highlight, suggesting some thickness.

I noticed that, too, wondering if it could be the lesser clarity of the
photo but it definitely looks like the lines there are thicker on the real
one.

It's really fantastic now, anyhow, Jim! Could only get more perfect from
here on, if at all possible. Before reading I had thought the second picture
was this thing placed into a more realistic setting.

Something I couldn't stop thinking about is reflection 'exponent' and
whether or not that might be plausible to use for the metal if you hadn't
already done so. Maybe it would help dull the metal some by reflecting less
of the darkness around it. Not sure if you would want to go on tweaking on
that texture, though, since it looks pretty amazing already. Which makes me
ask, are your render times for this reasonable (hours not days)?

--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/