POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP [78 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP [78 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 3 Apr 2006 09:54:20
Message: <4431290c@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

It is a pragmatic ideal because "light" meshes can be rendered faster in
games and in full movie animations also consume less resources.  Also
less complexity allows for easier morphing at joints and in the faces.

It is psuedo-pragmatic when the ideal is extended beyond its usefulness.

It is not a problem really, but growing up I always felt stifled by the
level of pragmatism which I experienced as "provincial."  So I am wary
of runaway Calvinism. It's a personal thing.

Btw, in the late stages of my painting "career" when I had reached a
fair level of facility with my shoe paintings, I typically used cheap,
crude, loose-haired 1/2" -> 1-1/2" cutters.*  I only used a small
artist's brush to put in a few details on the shoe such as the line of
the sole, and maybe the laces and their eyelets.

*Actually, here they are!
http://tinyurl.com/ntlvc

I LOVED those brushes.  As a general rule I love humble things.  But not
when it's used as a moral stricture.