POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac : Re: I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac Server Time
26 Apr 2024 10:13:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I can't open Pov-Ray on Mac
From: Christian Walther
Date: 31 Mar 2006 03:17:36
Message: <442ce5a0@news.povray.org>
Oleguer wrote:
> How can I install the Linux software in the Mac?

Download
<ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Official/Unix/povray-3.6.tar.bz2>, read
the README in it, and judge for yourself whether you're comfortable with
doing the kind of things it tells you to. I haven't done this in a
while, so I don't know how well it works.

Alternatively, if POV-Ray really doesn't run in Rosetta, I suppose it's
only a matter of time until someone provides a binary distribution of
the command-line version. Maybe I'll try, but even if I succeed in
compiling an universal version, I won't be able test the x86 half as I
don't have an x86 Mac yet.

You could also try MegaPOV (http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh/). As
far as I know there's no universal version yet, but maybe it runs in
Rosetta.

  -Christian