POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP [78 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:25:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP [78 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 30 Mar 2006 11:54:56
Message: <442c0d60$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> the way genteel folk in the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries would record their
> world in water colours?

A fairly pure example of how I am using "mimetic" would be the painter
Lucien Freud.

"Depictional" would mean everything that depends on recognizable
imagery:  gothic mosaics, Renaissance scenes, Disney cartoons,... and
Lucien Freud.

But what about Analytic Cubism? Well maybe, but in that case the
discussion would push precisely the limit of what I commonly mean when I
use either word.

"record their world"  That starts to get at it, doesn't it?  Precisely
what "world" is Rene depicting?