POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : Re: chalice WIP [78 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chalice WIP [78 kb]
From: Bob H
Date: 26 Mar 2006 22:32:43
Message: <44275cdb$1@news.povray.org>
That's an elaborate cup! Must've been a lot of work.

You said metal... well, sorry to say that I see it as ceramic-like. Possibly
carved wood that has been painted. Except maybe the upper parts. And even
then I'm seeing the top as being nearly opaque frosted glass, maybe because
of the darkened edge on the right side which looks like a cross section of
the thickness.

I wouldn't really want to change anything about it if I were doing anything
with it, except maybe the tabletop. That's so smooth it makes the chalice
seem to float over it. At least that's my guess as to why I'm thinking that.

Fantastic creation, Jim.