POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chalice WIP [78 kb] : chalice WIP [78 kb] Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  chalice WIP [78 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 26 Mar 2006 15:43:41
Message: <4426fcfd@news.povray.org>
All I see are problems here, but this thing has absorbed so much time so
far that I thought I would stop and get a reaction.

The light is actually three lights placed randomly and colored randomly
in the red-yellow range of hues.  The total light color of the three
lights approaches something like rgb <1,.99,.97>

Radiosity data was collected at 600 samples.  The actual render used
"Outdoor Low Quality" settings from the include file of presets.

The actual cup is a iso dirived from a SOR with bump and bitmap textures
subtracted.  The rest is all mesh modelledin Wings with some bump
normals to suggest pounded metal and a "micro" normal for blurred
reflection applied.

The enamel inlay is a bitmap applied with uv's and was hand "painted"

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'img.0075.jpg' (78 KB)

Preview of image 'img.0075.jpg'