POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Contrast and radiosity : Re: Contrast and radiosity Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Contrast and radiosity
From: Alain
Date: 21 Mar 2006 20:00:55
Message: <4420a1c7@news.povray.org>
Lonnie nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 21/03/2006 11:34:
> Results tweaked slightly with PaintShop for brighness/contrast.  Even using
> a small amount of radiosity with media can really flatten a pic.  After a
> lot of experimentation, I found that using lights with high fading ratio
> can help.  Any suggestions?

If you use normals in your textures, you need to add "normals on" in the radiosity
settings.
Normaly, radiosity ignores the normals from the textures and smooth meshes.
Please note that this will increase your render time.
Even with "media on", radiosity will ignore your media. It only enable emissive media
to cast light.
Make your lights have prety large intencities (100 to 10 000 or even more) and short
fade_distance,
like 1, depend of your scale (about the intended size of the light, even if not an
area_light).

--
Alain
Jehovah's Witnesses: >Knock< >Knock< Shit happens.