POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : some fun with old Star Trek episode Corbomite Maneuver : some fun with old Star Trek episode Corbomite Maneuver Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:24:29 EDT (-0400)
  some fun with old Star Trek episode Corbomite Maneuver
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 17 Mar 2006 08:01:38
Message: <441ab332@news.povray.org>
Watched this ST episode again, recorded on a VHS tape several years ago. The
colors very faded. One of my favorites of Star Trek. I'm part trekkie
anyhow. Maybe you know which show this was, too. Always wanted to put that
enormous spaceship together in POV and so I finally did over the past couple
days. The Enterprise is just some spheres, cylinders, cones, boxes.

What took me the longest time to do was finding a way to put the spheres all
around into another spherical shape. I knew people had done plenty on that
subject, uniform or random distribution. I didn't want to copy someone else
so I tried looking for just a simple equation. When I did find one it was
chaotic, something didn't seem right anyway, so I changed it around until I
got what you see here. It still isn't like the ship, which had a hexagonal
pattern.

Attached is three of the frames (with added force field) . The animation
itself (no force field) can be found at my site via the Animations link.
Nothing perfected at all, just playing with POV once again.

Thanks for looking!
--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'corbomite-fesarius_3frames-small.jpg' (66 KB)

Preview of image 'corbomite-fesarius_3frames-small.jpg'
corbomite-fesarius_3frames-small.jpg