POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fish 'n' Chips Update. (Still WIP) : Re: Fish 'n' Chips Update. (Still WIP) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 17:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fish 'n' Chips Update. (Still WIP)
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 16 Mar 2006 13:57:02
Message: <4419b4fe$1@news.povray.org>
High!

St. wrote:

>> See you in Khyberspace!
>

>        Is there such a thing.... ?

Yes... it's Electric Afghanistan, its 3D section (there also might be a
text-based adaption within a MUD in the more distant future, written in
a C-like language called "LPC") could be also called "PoVghanistan" -
but we'll yet have to wait some years for its full implementation...
currently I'm fiddling around with terrain modeling, heightfield/mesh
smoothing (real smoothing, not just modifying normals or applying a blur
to the underlying bitmap - any idea how to do it?) and conversion of
geodetic into geographic coordinates... working myself into the "Black
Art" contour line interpolation software to get at least a full-fledged
heightfield/mesh of the Kabul area!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: The Seventh Stranger, live 1984 (Duran Duran)