POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : mars color coded elevation maps : Re: mars color coded elevation maps Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: mars color coded elevation maps
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 13 Mar 2006 23:17:38
Message: <441643e2@news.povray.org>
"ts" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.44158ed5c01a69decad1b7d40@news.povray.org...
>i see google has these available now:
> http://www.google.com/mars/

Great! Read about it there and they might be merging it with Google Earth
somehow. Wonder if Moon, Venus, etc. are next? Seems to go with it because
of how they begin with a vantage point out in space.

> too bad the shadows are included.

Yep. And I just realized I can't tilt the view to see terrain elevation
changes. Still a good thing to see. Maybe adding maps (pictures) to it, like
can be done with G.E., might become something to do for renders of space
scenes--- somehow, someday.

--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/