POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Going all out (193 Kb) : Re: Going all out (193 Kb) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Going all out (193 Kb)
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 12 Mar 2006 02:58:17
Message: <4413d499$1@news.povray.org>
"Ger" <No.### [at] ThankYou> schreef in bericht

> It may look like that but the bookcase is actually free standing from the
> wall. There are 2 columns in the wall and the bookcases are set in between
> these 2 columns

Yes, I see it now, although the column is hardly visible as such. But then,
I see the problem more clearly (also in the other columns or wall corners)
as the mortar (and the stones perhaps?) seems to stick out a lot. I would
not like to brush against them! Looks razor sharp! Imho, it should be a bit
less....

> > Secondly, the view through the window seems to show a
> > landscape out of proportion somehow: The mountains seem too close and
the
> > palm tree looks like it was growing inside the museum.
>
> The mountains are too high (scale typo), not too close.

Ok.

> The tree (spruce btw) is free standing from the building. It's the same
tree
> you can see near the model building in the back of the room. Second tree
> from the right.

Oh! Nice! This is a model of the museum itself! I had not realised that!
Nice touch. A kind of Russian doll effect.

Thomas