POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Going all out (193 Kb) : Re: Going all out (193 Kb) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Going all out (193 Kb)
From: Ger
Date: 11 Mar 2006 11:07:46
Message: <4412f5d2@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> "Ger" <No.### [at] ThankYou> schreef in bericht
>> This one is part of an ongoing project I have been working on for who
> knows
>> how long.
>> It's a museum with all kinds of stuff on display.
>>

> Aah... a museum! Remembers me when I built one too, years ago. Had to be
> closed for lack of visitors :-)
> I like this scene. However, there are some bewildering aspects: What
> happened to that bookcase on the left? It looks like the wall is partly
> going through it.

It may look like that but the bookcase is actually free standing from the
wall. There are 2 columns in the wall and the bookcases are set in between
these 2 columns

> Secondly, the view through the window seems to show a
> landscape out of proportion somehow: The mountains seem too close and the
> palm tree looks like it was growing inside the museum.

The mountains are too high (scale typo), not too close.

The tree (spruce btw) is free standing from the building. It's the same tree
you can see near the model building in the back of the room. Second tree
from the right.

--
Ger