POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bridge over Abyss (50kbu) : Re: Bridge over Abyss (50kbu) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bridge over Abyss (50kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 9 Mar 2006 23:28:43
Message: <4411007b@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote in
message news:4410aefb$1@news.povray.org...
> > I've been trying, without much success to get the lighting right,
> forground
> > visible and background hinted at but not shown clearly. I think this is
> the
> > closst I've got.
>
> It's *very* dark. Can't see much except the foreground. Three peeps
standing
> in very deep shadow.

I know. I want it to be dark, but this is a little too dark

> Are those gray/white beams media beams? If so, they don't look much like
it.
> I would have expected this to render it something closer to 5 minutes. I
> can't see where all the rendertime is going. Anything I'm missing perhaps?

They are scattering media with lightsource below. Also the cave walls (can't
see) are isosurfaces with pattern function.

> All that aside, the lighting difference from foreground to background is
> really extreme. Sorry to disappoint, but I get the impression there's a
lit
> foreground, then some dark and slightly translucent wall with some
> white-streaks and three figures standing in shadow. Not much more.

Well that's about all there is. Besides, it's a WIP. You should have seen
the last one *g*

Trying to give hint of mystery. Deep cave, light beams coming from an abyss,
pathway leading into darkness bordered by statues on either side.