POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bridge over Abyss (50kbu) : Re: Bridge over Abyss (50kbu) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bridge over Abyss (50kbu)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 9 Mar 2006 17:40:59
Message: <4410aefb$1@news.povray.org>
> I've been trying, without much success to get the lighting right,
forground
> visible and background hinted at but not shown clearly. I think this is
the
> closst I've got.

It's *very* dark. Can't see much except the foreground. Three peeps standing
in very deep shadow.

> I'm going to add some more statues along the walls of the cave with
torches
> and detail the cave walls a little more. Slow work since this is a 10 hour
> render.

Are those gray/white beams media beams? If so, they don't look much like it.
I would have expected this to render it something closer to 5 minutes. I
can't see where all the rendertime is going. Anything I'm missing perhaps?

All that aside, the lighting difference from foreground to background is
really extreme. Sorry to disappoint, but I get the impression there's a lit
foreground, then some dark and slightly translucent wall with some
white-streaks and three figures standing in shadow. Not much more.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"