POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Down the Drain (Final) : Re: Down the Drain (Final) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Down the Drain (Final)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 8 Mar 2006 12:38:34
Message: <440f169a$1@news.povray.org>
> There's something about the location of the light source that bothers me
> though, as in the shadow of the water pipe. Where would the imagined
"lamp"
> be placed? But maybe that's because i often have very lit up when i visit
> similar locations irl, and anyway, it's a final and it looks really good.

It's slightly to the left and behind the sink. In our bathroom we have a
light to the left and right with a small arm. The placement is a little off
though, to place the shadow somewhere interesting and to light the scene
properly. So no, it's not a 100% proper lighting placement. :-)

> How on earth did you make that red shine around the drop with the heart?
Is
> it the focal blur? Or is it post processed?

A sphere with emitting media using a spherical density statement. It's set
to a very low value, to just give a subtle glow. It's easy to overdo things,
subtle things are much more difficult because after sometime with the image
you're too used to it to tell that it might be a tad *too* subtle.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"