POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cobblestone (update) : Re: cobblestone (update) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cobblestone (update)
From: David El Tom
Date: 7 Mar 2006 12:20:36
Message: <440dc0e4$1@news.povray.org>
Trevor G Quayle wrote:

> Looking much better.  Perhaps they could be a little shinier on the top
> (wearing surface) , you might want to try texture mapping with the slope
> pattern to achieve this.  Add a bit of random displacement, plus (similar
> to the other scene someone else posted) an overall area displacement to
> simulate settlement.  (as an additional comment you might try, cobblestones
> look especially cobblestoney when wet)
>

> -tgq

thanks...

slope map ..., mmh ..., rough look on side polished on top; I'll give it a try.

Still working on the macro which produces the single stones. The placement macro
  just add a little random rotation to the individual stones; displacement not
implemented yet, but is already on the todo-list.

I'm didn't made my mind up right now, how to implement a good looking "wet
look", with standing water between the stones and inside the ditches on top of
the stones.

... dave