POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Elliptical torus : Re: Elliptical torus Server Time
7 Aug 2024 13:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elliptical torus
From: David El Tom
Date: 7 Mar 2006 03:04:09
Message: <440d3e79$1@news.povray.org>
Bruno Cabasson wrote:
> I was proud of my blob-macro for elliptical torus in response to a recent
> thread in p.b.newusers. It works fine for solid torii and renders fast, but
> I noticed artifacts when I fill with glass or media. See the eye on the
> right and the sparkles on the nose. Where could it come from?

could it be that you there are to much overlapping blob components at the
start/end section ?

to put it other words: for a closed path you have n components and n section
(between the components) while for an open path you just have n-1 sections.
So try to remove the last blob component  or adjust the step-width and see if
there is still this artifact.

... dave