POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : cobblestone : Re: cobblestone Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cobblestone
From: DLM
Date: 6 Mar 2006 10:48:22
Message: <440c59c6@news.povray.org>
"Alex Kluchikov" <klk### [at] ukrnet> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> David El Tom <dav### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> > THIS is the on with isofunctions (f_superellipsoid + f_rigged_mf) the
former
> > contains only superellipsoids.
> > Hope the difference is noteable ...
>
>  Yes. The second one looks "nibbled by years" :)
>
>  I like sand, it looks very real. But I think, the stones colour and
> grainnes should vary slightly.
>  Sincerely Yours,
>  Alex  Kluchikov.

The texture is interesting, but perhaps more castlewall, or decorative
paver.
Real cobblestones are somewhat rounded and used to bear traffic.
Originally they were derived from local river stone.
e.g.
http://www.pmb.ox.ac.uk/images/tour/TourOutside1.jpg
They age/wear to become smoothe and shiny. See e.g.
http://www.miksang.net/galleries/gal_waynewilliams/pages/Dublin-Cobble-Stone.html
For a description of distinctions between cobbled other forms of flint stone
paving see
http://www.jbsv.co.uk/norfolkflint.htm

DLM