POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ashley 2334 circuit (WIP, ~160k) : Re: Ashley 2334 circuit (WIP, ~160k) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:23:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ashley 2334 circuit (WIP, ~160k)
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Date: 5 Mar 2006 15:38:41
Message: <440b4c51$1@news.povray.org>
> knot.  Only joking. Very ingenious use of a knot. While I wondered if two
> lanes might have been better for traffic I followed it around and found you
> have all the cars going in the same direction, so guess that'll be okay.  ;)

My idea at first was with two opposite traffic lines, but this makes car
  two times smaller on the picture, which is somewhat problematic.

> Now I must ask... Were you able to place the cars using the same method the
> road is done? I figure they are, somehow, but being unevenly spaced that
> might not be so, so I am asking please. Got to know.  :)

The cars are simply placed in pov, using position and angle infos read
in Wings3D. I just chose the points where I wanted the cars to be, read
the corresponding position (and angles) in Wings, and then
translate/rotate the car object as needed in pov. I wish a had the
spline describing the car path along the whole knot, so I could for
example make an animation, but this would require to read manually the
position of a few hundreds vertices in wings :-/ I could not figure an
easy/lazy way to get this info yet...

Thibaut