POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dandelion alternate : Re: Dandelion alternate Server Time
7 Aug 2024 11:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dandelion alternate
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Mar 2006 22:40:38
Message: <440a5db6$1@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote in message
> In both of them, I'd like to see the camera brought closer and the viewing
> angle increased, to get the same image with more of a perspective effect.

I can agree with that idea, partly anyway. I think it could probably go
either way, since a distant vantage point might also be good for effect but
in a different kind of way. But I do like the suggestion of a closer
macro-like view. Background (and foreground) could mostly be out-of-focus
that way, and therefore less important to detail as much as the jar area
itself. The farther vantage point doesn't fare as well for camera blur
unless binoculars or telescope were being used.

Had you already thought of putting a bug or bee on the outside of that jar,
as though it were wanting to get to the flower? That occured to me after
seeing the jar nearby in that nighttime picture.

Concerning that purple shadow... couldn't media absorption be added to
counteract that? Must be media you're using there because filtered color
would be the same green color. Wouldn't you think I would know for sure
without asking or trying it myself?! I just don't trust my memory about it!
;)

--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/