POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually) : Re: WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 19:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP Twentieth Century Fox films logo (21st actually)
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 4 Mar 2006 17:29:43
Message: <440a14d7$1@news.povray.org>
"dlm" <me### [at] addressinvalid> wrote in message

> For your beams do you use a parabolic reflector? Or is that a pair of
> cones?

Alas, I cheated on the beams. Added narrow, nearly transparent, cones to the
centers of those two spotlights. Wasn't even sure anyone would notice that.
I hadn't dared to try photons yet.

The lights themselves are actual the 'spotlight' type, so they are conical
in shape too. I used copies of the bowl and glowing sphere as
'projected_through' objects so I could place the light_source far below the
actual exit points. Without projected_through I would have been limited to
using cylinder spotlights, which I did render with for the first one posted,
and they appear to narrow with height or distance.

That reminds me... I tried to align the light on the left to point straight
up because the perspective camera was making that look odd compared to the
old drawing style. In fact, that original really makes the "20th" loom large
overhead, as though it leans toward the viewer. While putting mine together
I kept thinking of how many times the artist(s) must have presented the film
company with rough drafts until they accepted a design. Doing this on a
computer versus paper or canvas is a great thing, but there's always
something to be said for hand-drawn pictures such as the ability to create
it with your own hands. Likewise sculpturing, etc.
--
Bob H  www.3digitaleyes.com
http://3digitaleyes.com/imagery/